Join our Board of Directors!
Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to fostering young women’s leadership capacity in civic engagement and politics. We work from a non-partisan, anti-oppressive, trans-inclusive, intersectional feminist perspective.
Our organization serves young women and girls* (14-25) on their journeys toward civic and political leadership through age-specific and targeted programming. We work with various community groups, not-for-profit organizations, and government partners to address systemic barriers against young women and girls’ civic and political leadership.
Please be advised that we practices equitable hiring practices that prioritize the leadership of marginalized women. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Women of Colour, women with disabilities, queer women, women from low-income backgrounds, as well as refugee & immigrant women to apply.
*We use an inclusive definition of “woman” and we welcome trans women, genderqueer femmes, and non-binary and gender expansive folks. We recognize that gender is an evolving concept and we will work to be inclusive of folks identifying across the gender spectrum.
Position: Board Member
Term: June 2018 - April 2020 (2 years)
Time Commitment: Attend quarterly meetings and other meetings as necessary either in person or via video/audio call.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to Young Women’s Leadership Network’s mission and programs
- Keep up to date with issues and trends that affect young women’s civic and political engagement
- Participate in at least one of the following working committees: Governance, Development and Finance, or Strategic Planning.
- Prepare for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports and other documentation required to actively participate in them
We are looking for candidates:
- Who are familiar with democratic institutions that operate on municipal, provincial, or federal levels.
- Who have demonstrated dedication toward empowering young women’s leadership in politics and other fields such as STEM and the arts.
- Have a background in fundraising and development, corporate relations, strategic partnerships, communications, or legal knowledge.
Email email@example.com for more information.